Wedding Planning Checklist
Congratulations on your engagement! After all the excitement, you may have realised that it is time to start getting ready, and there is nothing better than a Wedding Checklist. We all love checklists, I know I do!
But before you say this magical "I Do" let me help you prepare with a Wedding Planning Checklist that I have created for you to make it all nice, easy and relaxed. Getting Started
First things first - decided on where and when! Ask yourself what kind of wedding would you like to have; is it a traditional one in a lovely hotel or castle or are you more of an intimate elopement style person? It is very important to know before you start your preparations.
The second most important point is deciding on your budget so check with your partner and both parents to see if you can get any extra help. Once those two important points are decided you can now dive into more details.
The Big Picture
- Find a wedding coordinator if you need one.
- Make an approximate guest list
- Choose your bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Join some bride-to-be forums, groups and subscribe to wedding magazines
- Book your venue
- Book your photographer - I cannot stress enough how important is to make this choice right. After your Big Day is over, all the guests are gone, the dress is getting cleaned, the honeymoon is long past, there are photos which will stay with you forever, and for your kids, and grandkids, for all generations! Make sure you chose someone whose work you truly adore!
- Decide on you DJ or band
- Find your dress, the BM dresses and groom's and groomsmen's outfits
- Start researching your honeymoon - the first trip as Mr and Mrs!
Getting into more details
- Start putting your mood board on Printest.
- Order your wedding cake
- Chose your floristBook hair and makeup trial
- Send save the dates
- Plan your decor
- Finalise the dress fitting
- confirm ceremony details
The Final Countdown!
- Submit Marriage Note no later than 29 days before the day
- Choos gift for wedding party
- Post invitations
- Have fun on your hen do!
- Print the name cards, setting sittings plan and menu
- Check with suppliers to make sure your arrangements are in order
- Collect your Marriage Schedule
Don't stress too much, it's all just fun and a new adventure!